Heading out on a road trip? Whether its by campervan, car, bus, train or plane, these wheels will get you there.
Classic wheelsPizza wheels for all
Pimped up wheelsThe extra fancy pizza wheels
These simple pizza wheels are easy to make, and perfect to take on a road trip in a little box!
Ingredients375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to 40 x 32cm.
- Spread a layer of pasta sauce over the pastry, leaving a 1cm border around the edges, then scatter the grated cheese over.
- Starting at one of the short ends, roll the pastry up as tightly as possible. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes or so.
- Cut the roll into 12 equal slices, laying them flat on 2 non-stick baking trays as you go.
- Brush each wheels lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle over the herbs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden. Leave to cool down before boxing them up and popping them in the fridge ahead of your road trip!
Quite simply, follow the classic wheels recipe and add your favourite fillings - cooked mushrooms, sliced meats, extra fancy cheese, even more herbs... whatever you fancy!
*It should go without saying really but: please don't be a fool - drink responsibly!